Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hard work paying off?

Even though I planned on not weighing myself until the end of this whole 3 week journey, I felt the urge to do so this morning (mostly because I kind of snacked a little too much yesterday.) And guess what?! I have lost 3 pounds since beginning this whole lifestyle change! I don't remember the last time I saw 143 on the scale. I could NEVER get lower than 146! SO I was super excited. Not to mention, last night I ran. More than I ever have. And it felt good to run!! I hate the fact that it gets dark so soon so I kind of have to run now. Even my husband stated that he feels so much better during the day and has more energy. I can definitely tell the difference.  
Last night we watched this documentary called "Forks Over Knives." If you haven't checked it out yet, I would recommend it. I am not an advocate DEMANDING vegetarianism or anything, I used to cook a lot of meat for my husband, but even he doesn't eat it much anymore. Anyways, the documentary discusses some major consequences of eating animal products. I should also note that I LOVE cheese and don't think I could ever give it up! Anyways, it's definitely worth checking out, maybe just for some.. "healthier lifestyle motivation". It is available on Netflix instant streaming.

Last night I was really tired so we just ate some Amy's Frozen organic meals and called it a night. Tonight we're having stir-fry tofu with broccoli and brown rice. The brown rice I use is delicious. It is from Minute Rice I think it is called, and you just microwave it for a few minutes. It actually has a lot of flavor and even my husband likes it. There are also only a few recognizable ingredients so it is a good buy. I love the stir fry! Tomorrow I don't really know what we are having... I thought about grilling pizza again but I kind of think that's too much. Maybe we can have that again after the 3 weeks is over to celebrate. Maybe some whole grain pasta...hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment