Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekends=challenge!

So a few nights ago we had grilled pizza. It was really easy and didn't take too long. I also got this idea from Tricia, and it came out goooooood! Here is the link. You might be thinking "well that's not healthy" but I did nothing by veggies on mine (and some cheese) and my crust was super thin. Like I said, I am heading towards a healthier lifestyle, NOT participating in a diet. I am still eating carbs sparingly. Surprisingly, grilling the pizza made it soft, not crispy like my husband and I had thought. We like softer pizza but if you like it crispy, just leave it on the grill a little longer! Here is my pizza:
My pizza had broccoli, mushrooms, black olives, and a little bit of cheese. It was a lot of fun and a healthier alternative to popping in store bought pizza.  

I realized that this walking every single day is going to be hard, for days like today. I have school early in the morning in San Marcos which is a bit of a drive (even though it got cancelled 30 minutes before class today...annoying!!!!) then I go to work. After work today we are going to meet my dad for dinner. I will definitely do my pilates though which may not sound like a workout but I work up quite the sweat!

Anyways, it seems as though making healthier decisions is becoming a lot easier. I am drinking  A LOT of water lately and I enjoy how I feel when I substitute a poor choice with a good one. For example, I ate some fruit last night for dessert instead of these stupid peanut butter M&Ms my husband feels the need to keep around the house that his mom got him.........

I like to think that I am kind of rubbing off on him as well. He texted me today and he seemed so excited that he ate his leftover whole wheat pasta that I cooked last night with zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, and mushrooms rather than eating chicken his mother brought to the job site. I could tell he was proud! Yay for him!

The biggest challenge is the weekend, specifically Sundays... so we will see how this one goes! It is my turn to do the football cooking and I am making spinach and mushroom enchiladas with corn tortillas. I will cook mine separate because that is literally all I am eating in mine. The others will have all the sauce and cheese and other things that I want so bad but will not eat!

GO BROCOS! AND COWBOYS! Can you tell which one I like more?!

No comments:

Post a Comment