Thursday, October 27, 2011

I know we're in a recession but...

Last night we had a broccoli, mushroom, tofu "general tso's" stir fry with brown rice. I keep forgetting to take pictures, but it was so good! I actually make it quite often, but only recently quit frying the tofu and just put it in without a coat of flour. I love it! It's a high protein dinner with a good portion of vegetables and definitely a meal that satisfies the taste buds! We didn't get to walk as much because it got dark and thanks to living out in the country, getting dark means not being able to see at all. I have to think of what to do because the time change is coming soon and it will be dark before I even get home. We really want a treadmill, so I am taking donations :) Just kidding! But seriously, that is going to be our next big buy! And an elliptical but at least with one we can take turns and continue our cardio.

So for lunch today, I ate at a sandwich place that I am becoming so annoyed with! I don't want to call anyone out but seriously... Subway has gotten stingy near my work!! I counted... 4 black olives on my veggie sandwich with like 5 spinach leafs. I get almost every veggie possible, even a few banana peppers and jalapenos. The only thing I don't get is bell peppers. I don't get cheese, I don't get any mayo or anything, just a tiny bit of olive oil and some oregano.... so my veggies are VERY important. I have been so frustrated lately with the lack of veggies that they have been putting on! Anyone have any other "fast food" healthy suggestions that I can grab on the go because I am giving up on this particular location for now?

Tonight I have a work function so I am going to eat some veggie hot dog weiners with some yogurt. I like to include what I eat as much as I can just so others can have some kind of reference (in case you are wondering why I am always talking about food!) Tomorrow night, the hubby and I are going to go to a vegan restaurant called "Veggie Heaven" in downtown Austin, downtown meaning by campus. I ate there a lot when I was younger but haven't in years and am really excited to take him there because he has never been, nor eaten such foods except for the tofu I cook at home. I'll be sure to try my best and remember to take pictures! Almost Friday, then the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment